View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 11:06 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Just 24 hours later and Lorraine and I are rethinking Bay Bayou.
On Saturday afternoon there seemed to be a lot of bugs but they weren't really bothering either of us. At least we didn't think they were bothering us. Well at least not until last evening and this morning. Talking to folks very familiar to the RV park we found the entire area is loaded with No-See-ums this time of year. The bite is not painfull so we didn't know and although bitten on Saturday it took over 24 hours for the itching to begin. For Lorraine it started late Sunday afternoon and for me it was later Sunday evening and the pain and itching hasn't stopped since. Our arms are loaded with the little welts.
No-See-ums

Now I do realize that being an RVer and spending much time outside we are very susceptible to insects and insect bites. But this being our second winter in Fla. we also know there are many areas where mosquitoes and No-See-ums are pretty much nonexistent. Areas where it is not necessary to even close screen doors. And Screens are no barrier to No-See-ums. They are so tiny they can crawl through most door and window screens.

So inretrospect we are now placing Bay Bayou on our list of least likely parks where we will stay. And that is a shame as they really do have a great park with all the amenities.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote