Thread: BBQ
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2009, 08:03 AM   #18
Joe-n-Doe
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7870
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Ozz

Now, Hugh we need a picture of that! You do know what you are doing. I bought a Traeger pellet wood smoker, I can control the heat easily with it, just put your blend of cherry, hickory; whatever, pellets in the hopper, sit back and drink a few beers.
Liked that so much, I bought a Traeger pellet stove for the house. We love it.
Here is a link to their products;
http://www.traegergrills.com/
Ozz,

My younger brother who lives in Oregon City, OR had a stroke last November. (Fell off a ladder, suffered a brain injury, and then had 2 strokes in the hospital). Doris and I have been taking care of him here in Florida since early January.

In mid-Feb he and I flew back to Portland so that he could check out his 5 acre spread, spend some time at his place of employment to get a feel for what it is going to take for him to return, and to have office visits with the original and post surgery medical team. He knew I was in the market for a new Grill and that I had been looking at 4 burner gas grills. He asked me if I had ever considered buying a Traeger, to which I responded "A what?!?" We stopped by a local Treager outlet, got some literature, and asked a bunch of questions. He then asked one of his neighbors and friend who has one if he would fire it up and cook a couple of steaks.

He insisted on buying me one. Initially, I was very reluctant to get one. I was focused on that 4 burner gas grill with all the bells and whistles. But, the more I looked into Treager the more I liked the concept. I've been big on indirect cooking for years and, as you know, that is what Treager is all about.

I got my Treager a month ago and have probably 75% of the time. Doris was skeptical about it at first, but is now a convert. My brother really enjoys the lamb chops I cook. This weekend, I'm slow cooking a 3lb turkey breast.

I have even figured a way to secure to the trailer hitch on Monty to take it with us wherever we go.

Have you ever used their apricot marinade?

Joe-n-Doe is offline   Reply With Quote