View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 03:24 PM   #13
ragdoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #235
Send a message via AIM to ragdoll Send a message via MSN to ragdoll
CanDo, I hate those aluminum shades as I had a bad experience in a car with it moving and melted the interior plastic by the windshield. This is what I did: the pink fairly thin insulation sheets you can get at Lowe's or Home Depot, I cut this to fit the frame, covering the sky light, next I got some of those big craft foam sheets (I used black as I wanted darkness) - you will need two, using craft glue I attached to the insulation - you can leave an over lapping edge. I next got sticky back velco dots placing on corners and several in the middle, press it firmly into place. It is rigged and has stayed in place through showers, travel of 10,000 miles and 2 winters - infact, I don't take it down except to clean. I did it as an experiment and want to redo it to look a bit nicer but we are the only ones that see it! I also think a thin craft foam covered with the craft sheets would work nicely - I cut one of those white foam ones to fit the door window, covering it with blue craft sheets, putting cats on the seams (another test run) backing it with foam sheets that have a 1 1/2 inch border, using tack-it attaching it to the door frame - keeps unwanted sun out plus light. I chose the insulation because of the heat barrier for the sky light. I hope this helps. If you are at the rally I will be happy to show you. So far haven't had a problem with it falling. Several things I need to work on for improvement to my test run.

Safe travels.
Lorraine
ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote