View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 02:19 AM   #1
jetenbu
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #11565
Adding another incoming power plug

I have a Montana 3625RL that has the incoming power plug in the very back. I carry a generator in the back of my truck that is too heavy for me to unload it myself. My solution was to have my dealership put another power input plug in the front of the Montana. My Montana was generator ready but since I already had a generator, I chose to NOT have a generator installed when I bought it. All the dealership had to do is install the power plug and cable it to where the generator output wiring would normally connect in the large storage bay ceiling. This connection connects to the transfer switch already so it was relatively simple. My dealership had never had such a request before but understood how handy this could be. The cost was not bad and now I do not have to buy an extension cable to reach my generator when I boondock. My generator has a 50amp plug in so I have the same amount of power whether boondocking or on park power. Definitely a win/win situation. I do not expect Montana would ever put an additional input plug on the front of the 5er but it sure works for me.

I am looking forward to any and all comments you all care to share. Hopefully this idea will help others.
jetenbu is offline   Reply With Quote