View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 02:57 PM   #3
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
We had same thing, but NOT all the time. We did all the stuff, cleaned the anode, hot water heater, put some bleach in the fresh water tank, ran bleach solution thru the pipes, let sit, drain, etc. etc. etc.

Ran some extra stuff through the tanks and made sure the gray holding tank was cleaned out.

Still, the smell would return.

Some REALLY NICE MOC member (Sorry, I don't know your ID or you would be getting the right kind of acknowledgement) kept posting that they had the same trouble and until they drained off (and capped off????) the washer/dryer water pipes they had the problem. Drained that washer plumbing and this wonderful KIND MOC soul said that stopped the smell.

Well, Al and I kinda doubted that the washer plumbing could be the problem, but, finally after we had done EVERYTHING else, and I was getting rather testy he was desperate, so he drained that washer plumbing.

WELL WOWIE!! No more smell!

Hard to believe, but it worked. We doubting Thomas types no longer doubt!

If you have tried EVERYTHING else, and you are desperate, you just might try this.

By the way, if you have a washer and you use it somewhat regularly, then, this probably is not gonna work for you. We do not have the washer/dryer, yet.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote