View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 03:44 PM   #17
darrylwt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Sorry this happened to your friend! As has been stated prior, it is very confusing as you pull up to a pump and to see the different colored handles on the hoses. Some have green, some have yellow and some don't have any specific color for the diesel. I have caught myself putting diesel in my 1/2 ton when it is a gas. Caught myself quick enough that I only pumped about 2-3 gallons of it in an empty tank. I changed to gas and filled up the tank all the way and filled it to the top of the neck. Luckily I didn't have any problems and it actually ran a little better. LOL Anyway, Pilot's not going to admit their people screwed up until it is totally proven and since he has a receipt of filling both the tank and the auxiliary tank with diesel and the DEF tank with DEF he shouldn't have any problems proving it to the insurance company. It will be the insurance companies responsibility then to take on Pilot to cover their losses on the claim. Let us know what your friend's final outcome is and meanwhile we will all be on the alert and more cautious on filling our tanks.
On a side note, I filled my truck up with diesel today and the cost was $2.599 a gallon. That is the lowest I've seen diesel here in Nebraska for quite a while.
I had a friend of mine put diesel in his brand new Harley with a built engine and filled it up out in the middle of nowhere and didn't even know what he did until down the road and it was running like crap. He pulled over and one sniff I told him he filled it up with diesel... got back to the station drained it out and filled it with gas and we were off... Later the Harley dealer told him it was fine just good lubrication. Diesel in a gas engine is better than gas in a diesel engine.
darrylwt is offline   Reply With Quote