View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 03:53 PM   #1
Montana_2180
Established Member

M.O.C. #2180
Circuit Breakers Popping

OK, I'm up and now fulltiming in my 2002 3575RL...

I really enjoy the trailer and the full size computer desk...

I am facing a certain problem, especially as it starts to get cold...

I have a ceramic Lasko electric heater inside keeping me toasty...but with my TV and computer on, it keeps popping my circuit breaker. I also have a mini version of the Lasko heater in my basement (overkill, I'm sure, but I want to be sure I don't have any frozen lines as winter draws near)...

I suspect they are on the same circuit, or at least the inside one is on the same circuit as my TV, etc., because they all go off when the circuit breaker pops...it is one or the other of the middle two 15 amp CBs that pop...

Allow me to clarify: originally, I had the space heater plugged into the outlet on the back side of the kitchen counter, next to my couch slide. The left middle CB was popping all the time, so I moved the heater to the front of the trailer, next to the table, under the thermostat. Still popped. So I moved it to the back of the trailer, behind the left chair. That is where it is now and I'm growing weary of having to reset the right middle CB every so often.

Any ideas? I'm about ready to stretch an extension cord out to the 30 amp outlet where I get my main power outside...

Sure hope someone has a good idea or a fix!!

Thanks,

Chip

PS: I have pics of upgrades...I'll soon get them on and give some feedback of my setup, etc., when I get some time...
Montana_2180 is offline   Reply With Quote