Thread: New Truck
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 07:56 AM   #8
mtlakejim
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20693
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
I just ordered a 2018 F150 Lariat. It should be here in 11 days. I also have a 2008 KR with 80,000 miles on it. I couldn’t see paying over 10 K more for the higher trim level truck. With that said I understand the Lariat leather isn’t as good as the higher trucks. The cabs on the Super Duty and their baby brother is the same so I suspect the sets are too. Go to Fords build site and see which suits you better. What I think doesn’t matter it’s your money. I think time will prove Ford has at least as good an engine as can be bought in a Diesel pickup truck. Do a Google search for Compacted Graphite Iron. That is the material the block is made of.
Lynwood
That one sentence “time will tell” is why I jumped ship on Ford and got a Ram when I went diesel! The Cummins has already been time tested! When the Ford engines have been around for 20 years or so with high reliability marks we can talk...

I don’t hold anything against Ford gas burners and I will likely be buying the wife an F150 as a daily driver.
2018 Montana High Country 381TH Garage Full of Toys
mtlakejim is offline   Reply With Quote