View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 11:20 AM   #12
Idahobirders

M.O.C. #11053
Thanks to everyone who responded here -- what a wonderful welcome! I need to learn how to add a signature like all of you have.

Our Montana comes equipped with TWO AC's, so I'll be checking carefully to make sure I know just how high they are. I've heard lots of stories of people running under things (gas station roofs are fair game, it sounds like) and dread having that happen to us. Yes, both I and my husband will be learning to pull it, back it, and set it up -- as well as sharing the driving. I had heard about the Escapade in Gillette, and it may be a possibility for us in July. Will look into it in more detail -- thanks for the idea.

We expect much of our camping experience will be in Forest Service camps, National Parks, and other fairly "rustic" areas, so we'll have to always be on the lookout for tree limbs and such, and will need to develop a system of signs to use as spotters. It was never an issue with our tent trailer, as we could see the spotter behind us over the top of the thing -- not so with the Montana. So much to learn!

Thanks again for the welcome!

Sharon
Idahobirders is offline   Reply With Quote