View Single Post
Old 03-31-2007, 06:27 PM   #14
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I would definitely vote for the dual pane windows. Sitting here in my recliner typing this with the window beside me open and letting nice cool Central FL breeze through the Montana.

Don, there were several threads on the 2nd A/C. Last Spring, just before I was going to put in my final order on our 3400, I was involved on a thread on 2 A/Cs and it changed my mind. I ordered the 2nd A/C. Glad I did. It is a low profile, but noisy. I will look into other brands - hopefully, low profile, but the are a few here on the forum with full size A/Cs in front, and I have not heard any regrets about this extra height yet. My reasoning for having a 2nd A/C is for a backup.

I was in a situation last summer - 115 heat index (at midnight). Main almost froze up - you could here the ice breaking off of it. If it would have gone down, we would have been checking into a hotel. The Montana would have been unbearable. Peace of mind knowing we had that 2nd 13.5K A/C ready to go.

The gen prep, unless they changed this, is only for the Onan 5500 gen. I do not have a gen prep, but do have a Kipor 3000 that I absolutely love and we have had to use in 2 emergency situations already.

We are following Delaine and Lindy's lead and getting the Ariston Stackable ASAP. Having both a washer and dryer going at the same time is a big plus. BTW, these Ariston stackables are now on sale in CW until 5/31. ~$140 off the Club Members price.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote