View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #10
02pullin
Established Member

M.O.C. #8959
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by MIMF

Hey gang!!

The IRC (Individual Room Control) valves are designed to be all of the way open or, all of the way closed. There is no in between.

What it does is, restrict the flow of the fluid under high pressure and does cause it to heat slightly because, you are trying to force it it thru a smaller orifice. I am sure each of you can think of an example that you can relate to.

As I recall, it was not recommended to do unless in some type of emergemcy situation. I have never been able to figure out what an emergency situation could be. But, the great thing about the fluid, which is normally automatic transmission fluid, that stuff is designed to work under extreme temperatures, anyway.

I hope this response has helped.

I have no idea if Lippert is still working on a flow control type valve any more or not. At one time there was some discussion about it and that was around the time they came up with the half turn ball valves in stead of those "long winded" twisty turny things that no one could open or close because of the pressure build up behind them. Remember?

Thanks MIMF

That's the way I'll keep them.
02pullin is offline   Reply With Quote