View Single Post
Old 02-14-2023, 01:29 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Ultrakodiak - you must be a young agile man. The thought of climbing on the roof to put a vinyl cover on the AC shroud and take them off does not appeal me. I did a quick search of the forum looking for other threads on the topic and did not find anything during my 30 second search.

Back in the 90s when I had several Coleman pop-ups - the ABS plastic shrouds were (I guess) thin plastic and they would break at the 4 holder-screws and blow off during transit very easily. Then I found this thing called "the internet" with a news-group/forum for pop-up owners and discovered lots of folks had the same problem. A friend of mine in Dallas actually designed and marketed a painted flat bar to place across the covers to keep the covers on tightly. In contrast - the covers they put on our rigs today seem to be thicker and a better grade plastic than 25 years ago. My black covers have not suffered any sun damage or aging from the Texas sun...no covers needed (thankfully!). Also - I have a feeling my pet wasps and yellow jackets would still find a way to build a nest under the AC cover. They would not appreciate me disturbing their habitat when I remove a vinyl cover.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote