View Single Post
Old 03-20-2021, 07:07 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
We've used Command Hooks in all of our campers, including our first pop-up. But, we don't hang anything with that much weight. Usually, we use them for hanging towels, wash cloths, and dishtowels. I do have some in my current camper above each of the entrance doors (large ones), so I can hang a 3/8 inch dowel rod over the door to hang a make shift curtain over the doors for better privacy when the outside door is open and we have the screen shut. We don't hang pictures or clocks. When traveling, everything that goes up, has to come down. We learned the less "set-up" we have to do, is the less "tear-down" we have to do later. We are not permanently parked campers. We travel and move.

The only time we had Command Hooks fail was when our current Montana was brand new. "They" treated the interior with stain and water resistant chemicals that left an oily surface. It took over a year for that to dry hard before things started sticking to the walls, even when attempting to wash smalls sections off to use the Command Hooks.

I think the Command Hooks are a good product. BUT as stated above by previous posters ... they are only as strong as the material they are attached to. We've had a couple do wall damage in our house when they literallyt pulled the paint off the wall because the paint gave way from the dry wall under it.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote