View Single Post
Old 12-26-2019, 07:21 PM   #10
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodellj View Post
I had one of those Camco blue heated hoses and every time I went to use it, it was about as stiff as copper pipe. I tried running hot water through it before trying to uncoil it and it had little effect. It was so stiff that I was afraid I was going to crack the hose and cause a leak! So what do you think of it and how do you like it? My conclusion was that it was meant for seasonal full-time use and needed to be set up on a warm sunny day!

Maybe just bring it inside where the heat is on, and maybe after a number of hours of heat it will soften. We've never had a problem with ours uncoiling it, and we've had it since the winter of 2013/2014, and it still works great. The thermostat on these hoses must stay cable tied to the surface of the hose as them are delivered and when in use, the thermostat must stay exposed to outside air. The thermostat will turn on when the temperature drops to 45 degrees and when it warms up again above 45 degrees, it will turn off. Do not cover the hose, as you will defeat the ability of the hose to operate. If you plug into a GFI outlet, be sure any exposed plugs are protected from rain, as the GFI will trip and your hose will not work.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote