View Single Post
Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #37
davidaf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13601
MDL, we also did a bunch of research before we purchased and when I landed here I had a couple sick to my stomach moments. But in reality things have been good to this point. I've found a couple good mobile guys that I can call if things go south. So far they've only been needed for upgrades. Minor issues, that i've also experienced in my other units, i've handled.

The only real concern I have today is a major failure that may require a visit to the dealer (Frame flex, tank failure or the roof caving in). Since we fulltime this would be a major inconvience plus my dealer doesn't have the greatest repair reputation thus the mobile guys. I negotiated an additional discount right before I signed the paper work to cover mobile repairs. The last minute negotiation on my part was helped by the fact that the local Redwood dealer had a mobile tech that is onsite in our home park most every week. BTW my SOB 5'er experienced a frame crack so I know it's all part of the price of ownership.

We looked hard at the RW and Big Sky but in the end I didn't want the full body paint and figured I could apply the other lipstick cheaper.
davidaf is offline   Reply With Quote