View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
I was not going to comment on this topic. I changed my mind. Redwood RV and Montana are in fact owned by Thor. They share floor plans etc. I looked seriously at Redwood. Two things I learned about the so called "higher end RVs". They drop like rocks in value. People who can pay cash for an RV, don't normally by used. It's a fact. Montana's resale is far and away better than Redwood, Carriage etc. of course companies ( carriage ) that went BK have another problem. Banks don't loan on their trailers. Lenders that do loan get higher less attractive interest rates. All high end units take a huge hit when sold. Up to 40% first day off the lot! Just two weeks ago I was offered a brand new 2013 Redwood 3750 style, with MSRP $122,000. It was offered to me for $81,500.00. Oh and still had room to negotiate! I know the tricks of msrp, but just like custom builds like New Horizons, the used market is brutal. Our Montana's on the other hand have "name recognition" and generally retain more of their initial value. People will forgo some of the glitz for value. As far as having the best RV in the Park, well if I want to impress someone, I drive the Bentley! Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote