View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 05:10 AM   #6
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Oops... sorry guys and gals... Should have mentioned that we bank exclusively online. Have for over ten years. I punch up our account 2-3 times a day to monitor. We are very familiar with National City online banking. Think we went with them exclusively for 3 years.

We switched to the local credit union, Members Credit Union, as they were much easier to deal with. Fees were about 1/2 of NC. I have a very close friend who is the branch mgr of our local NC bank, and he has even cautioned me that if an unsusual situation arises, NC is NOT a flexible corp to talk to. I found this out. Don't like being directed to Columbus, OH to someone who only reads the rules right out of the book and doesn't have any knowledge of my family's personal situation. I have had my credit union bend over backwards and go to bat for me when an unusual situation occurs.

This friend of mine almost got fired when he accidentally went $10 over his limit on his NC corp card, charging a hotel room for an annual corporate NC mtg he was attending in OH. He relayed this to me to warn me of the rigid inflexibilty of NC. I have found this with other banks also.

So, even though I like NC's online banking system a little better, I will deal with credit unions online banking.

The direct deposit thing is my major obstacle. May have to put up with this for a year or so.

dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote