View Single Post
Old 04-18-2021, 06:12 AM   #29
kescue
Established Member

M.O.C. #20145
I have the 381TH model although I am not a full timer I have used my rig a bunch hauling my bike. I have HD Ultra and I have to raise the front of my rig to get the bike in and out. If I don't the bottom of the bike will bottom out if the ramp door has too high and apex. Originally I have a HD Fat Boy Lo and that bottomed out when I first tried to load it with the rig attached to the truck. So since the Ultra is way heavier I don't want to attempt it to see what happens!

Looked your bike up and has pretty low clearance so I would assume you would also have to do the same on raising the front of the rig to lower the door entry.

A couple of my buddies that I RV with have Toy Haulers and they have started doing the same thing with raising the front of their rigs to get the bikes in and out. Makes is so much easier. Also they have had a couple times where their pipes dug into the ground when taking the bike out because of the slant of the door.

Added picture of my Harley in the rig. You can see how low the ramp is when I have the front of the rig raised. Makes it very easy to load and unload. I have a custom windshield so I can also lower the bed completely when the bike is loaded. Note not much room left over if you have a large bike in the garage.

Hope this helps.

Keith
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0339.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	329.6 KB
ID:	8945  

Keith and Jana Escue
2018 Montana 381TH
2016 Ford F350 King Ranch
kescue is offline   Reply With Quote