View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 04:27 AM   #22
Phil P
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11206
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh View Post
Phil it’s not a rumor when Ford requires a picture of the inside of the high pressure fuel pump before they will warranty it. If there is any sign if rust of dirt sorry you are on your own no matter the mileage. It’s abuse according to Ford.
Lynwood

Hi Lynwood

I don’t disagree with your statement but the system is much more robust than most think. Introduction of water or any other contaminate without immediate steps to correct same will result in failure of the pump and associated parts on any diesel injection system.

The Duramax is rumored to need replacement of pump, and injectors around 130,000 miles. I have a friend that lives down the road from me got 600,000 on his Duramax without having problems with the injection system however glow plugs are different story.

Another one living in costal NC had the pump changed after failure on his 2005 and only 2 injectors still running good. This work was performed by the TV dealer.

I now have 220,000 miles on the original system and haven’t made any modifications to it seeing as how I have been unable to find a new 3500 4X2 to replace it I will still keep running it until I find a new one.

Phil P
If you get a page not available then remove the "s" after HTTP
Phil P is offline   Reply With Quote