View Single Post
Old 12-04-2019, 09:46 AM   #110
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
Quote:
Originally Posted by PNW Fireguy View Post
People make mistakes folks. He has been adjudicated and punished, regardless of our opinions related to the appropriateness of the punishment. This is America and we are all entitled to our opinions and thankfully we are governed by laws rather than opinions. I respect everyone’s opinions but am grateful and hopefully that I never become so obtuse that I cannot forgive someone for an indiscretion. None of us are Jesus and I cannot claim to have never done something stupid that I am not proud of. I am thankful that my life is more than any bad deed I may have committed in my past.

I can partially agree with you and probably wouldn't be as judgemental if he had done his nasty deed then, after caught, done something to correct the damage his actions caused. What I can't condone is forget the fact that he had his kids change license plates, harrassed others then paid a paltry pocket change fine. From anything I've seen, other then an 'apology' letter' he has made no attempt to further himself by volunteering somewhere or even making a sizeable donnation in some charitable organization that proves his worth. Had he done something over and above paying that small fine, a misdemeanor violation, I might have a bit of respect for someone who has become a public figure in the huge RV industry.

Then there is that question of a person doing something he is ashamed of - yeah, most of us have, but most of us are not publically known and most of us probably haven't damaged a national treasure such as in Moab, Utah.
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package