View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #5
Bama Camper
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15888
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by uptrapper

...The temperature never seems to be stable at all I'm always having to adjust it up or down to feel comfortable....

I had the same problem with mine in my HC 305RL. It seemed erratic at times, but other times worked OK. I discovered the problem with mine, and it had nothing to do with the thermostat itself - rather, it was just poor engineering or installation by Keystone.

When they were installing my thermostat, they knocked a half-dollar sized hole in the wall for the wire, then the thermostat was mounted over the hole. The wall is hollow. In the basement the fan exhaust for the converter is pointed directly into the void in the wall below the thermostat. So, when the converter fan turns on, the exhausted heat blows up into the hollow wall and then to the back of the thermostat, heating it and affecting the temperature it senses.

I stuffed insulation into the hole behind the thermostat and into the wall behind the converter. I also sealed the hole behind the thermostat with duct tape. Since then my thermostat acts normal and operates as it should.

I don't know where the converter is on your 340, but you may want to check for this possible interaction. It won't help with the ease of operation, but it may make it work properly once it has been set.
Bama Camper is offline   Reply With Quote