View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:03 AM   #9
daveinaz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23256
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl n susan View Post
It will depend on the voltage levels of the batteries and the capabilities of the converter charger

The shore power (120V) is changed to 12V by the converter and flows to the batteries through the disconnect switch in the convenience center. The switch needs to be in the "On" position to charge the batteries.

Yes an intelligent converter will charge the batteries at various rates as they reach full charge and revert to "float" (aka Storage) mode when full. The better question is does your 2008 have an intelligent charger or not? I *THINK* the 2008s were still using the IOTA DLS 45 converter. Later on, 2010???, Montana moved to a Progressive converter which was intelligent. You need to confirm which converter you have. Even if you have the IOTA, it can made into an intelligent charger converter by the addition of an IOTA IQ4 module (a simple $20 plugin). Clicky
Thanks. I just plugged in my year and model on Trekwood's site, and it *appears* that my 2008 came with the Iota DLS-75 which appears to have the 3-stage charging, but I'll pull the panel next time I'm out at the rig and make sure.

Dave in AZ
2008 Montana 3400RL
2008 Dodge Ram 3500 Diesel Dually
daveinaz is offline   Reply With Quote