Thread: Satellite TV
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2019, 09:50 AM   #14
PNW Fireguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #18081
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post
I think the Dish 1000.2 dish is a potential solution but it should also be noted it is limited to certain satellites specifically 110,119,129 western arc satellites whereas the counterpart to this type of dish is it will NOT receive signals from those three sats without equipment manipulation which is very complicated.

Point being this type of dish is not a practical for North American Travels, however it is a great option if you are limited to regional travel. While the wast and west specific satellites can be used for oposite coast sats they are limited to fewer satellites which will limit programming. There is a reason there is not a dual coast dish in this config.

For those that are full time or parked for extended periods the 1000.2 or 1000.4 are great as the dish's are subject to damage while transporting especially the LNB feed arms.

However the 1000.2 and 1000.4 dish's will provide a better signal hands down over the tailgaters/playmakers. but the 1000. series also take a lot of storage room up.
I am not sure I am onboard with that opinion. The 1000.2 and 1000.4 have been great for us traveling all the US this past year. I haven’t felt the need to do this but swapping an EA LNB for the existing WA would take 15-20 minutes. With my Travler however I can simply manually tune to one of the EA sats if I could not pickup any WA signals. Only issue I have had is a few times we only had access to SD programming. No biggie. When I picked up our coach and decided to install a travler the only wiring issues were the need to remove splitters and I clipped off all the compression fittings and re made them myself. No problem ever since.
PNW Fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote