View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 03:56 AM   #3
Alwims
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10623
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Phil P

Hi

On ours the belly in that area is very easy to get down. I don’t remove it so you would take it out from under the trailer I just remove the fasteners keeping track of which ones came out of the steel cross members and fold the under belly forward being careful not to kink it and you have access like you see in my pictures of the waste tanks. The only hard part is getting it out from under the propane piping without damaging it. If you do rip it then when you put it back up clean the rip with some lacquer thinner and apply gorilla tape. It helps to raise the front on the trailer as much as you can with the landing gear.
Phil P
Kink it and tear it?? Are you 2 talking about the same thing?? Our belly cover is made out of a hard plastic that would take some major doing to kink or tear it as it's about an 1/8" thick. Are the newer models really made that flimsy? Phil, I'm not saying anything bad about your rig, but your statement startled me. That said, it's not really that bad at all to pull it down to get to the tanks. Just take the screws out and let it down. It is flexible enough to fold it back out of the way.
Alwims is offline   Reply With Quote