View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #28
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by thekennys

Steve
We're at the stick house getting it ready to rent. It’s been 6 weeks and we're still working on zerosccaping the yard, haven’t even really touched the house. Figure another 6 to 8 weeks ugh
Then full timing for real.

Anyway we also have and love the 2007 3400rl. ? Did you mount the scissors jack behind the wheels and with the tap screws provided to the frame? And they are secure and frame secure.
Will do this when we get out as well as mount the jt braces
Mikey
I put ours behind the wheels because there wasn't really enough room in front of the wheels. I used the self tapping screws that came with the jacks and mounted it to the frame. The frame is an I-bar so you can place it so the holes are drilled through the lips.

When we traded for the 3400, I removed the jacks and re-used the same self-tapping screws. In all those thousands of miles, these self-tapping screws never came loose, not even a little. The jacks are solidly attached to the frame and are stable.

John Kohl uses his to take some weight off the tires and then drops the rear stabilizers. He says his is more stable even side to side when he does that. I tried it but must not be doing it right so I went back to dropping and snugging the rear stabilizers and then drop the scissors to just snug.

Don't hesitate to email me (envelope icon above) if questions.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote