View Single Post
Old 02-19-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
Leaseit
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5356
My thinking reading the original post is there are two diffrent issues here.. Part of the the original post said

Quote:
quote:Going to get a 3400RL Anniversary Edition in May. Has anyone registered their trailer using a LLC in Montana?
So, "Going to get" i take as purchase.. as in Sales Tax. the other part would be License as in Plates and Titles.

You can purchase anything anyplace and you would pay sales tax applicable for that State.

If you are talking License the trailer in Montana under an LLC and operating it in another State and your drivers license reflects your not a resident of Montana, then the question of 'Purpose' starts.
The questions begin with, why are you operating this vehicle, you rented it, your an employee of the LLC, your transporting it as an agent for the LLC, and then Can i see your insurance card with the address on it. You better have everything in order, and thats a lot of work and time.
I would not go throught all the hassle to make this loop hole work on something priced as a Montana Coach, on the other hand, if it were a $500,000.00 or greater motor coach, i might go with the LLC Option. Notice i said MIGHT...
The Federal (35,000 Pages)and State Tax codes are full of loop holes, the question is how do you feel about exploting them.

Leaseit is offline   Reply With Quote