Thread: Airbag springs
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
As an update to my earlier post, we've now towed about 1500 miles with the airbags. They are absolutely worth the money if your truck sags even a little under load. Not only does it bring the truck to level, I also found that I can use the in-cab control/gauge with the compressor to fine tune the ride on those herky-jerky type roads. I don't eliminate all the jerk but bring it down to a more comfortable level. Fortunately we don't often encounter that type of road but when we do it's nice to be able to reduce the motion.

I recently discovered another nice side benefit of the air bags. When just overnighting, we often do not unhitch. But I still want the Montana level. We'll use the usual boards under the Montana wheels for side to side level. For front to rear level I used to use boards under either the truck's rear wheels or the Montana's wheels, depending on which way to level. Now I often find I can either increase or decrease airbag pressure enough to get us level front to rear. In rare cases I'd still have to use the boards but most of the time the airbags will do it.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote