View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 03:13 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hi Pat,
We have traveled I-84 to it's end in Sturbridge, MA. At that point we are only about 15 miles from my brother's house up Rt-49, the Podunk Pike, as locals call it. We have taken this route 4 or 5 times in the last 3 years. Once or twice with a 3400RL, and the rest in the SOB pulling a TOAD.

To us, it's all in the ride, so recently we have been taking I-78, picking up PA-33 to US-209, on up through the Deleware Water Gap. Nice scenery. Pick up I-84 off of US-209. I did not O take that route with the 3400Rl, but the SOB is 40 feet pulling a Saturn Vue and we had no problems. One slight detour for road repair last year on US-209 that narrowed down, but I still fit between the lines and I'm 8' 6" wide according to specs.

We are in Gettysburg right now and will be departing for that route on Friday. Only variation will be using US-15N, going around Harrisburg, and hitting I-78E.

Happy trails.

Edited: I have been through Hartford during rush hour, and during non-rush hour. Having driven in other areas, including around DC beltways, I found Hartford to not be any different than any other city.

p.p.s., If you parked that Montana in the spot in the picture on your signature, you will not have any difficulty on any roads you take.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote