View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill Frisbee

It is my understanding (from a post that quoted a representative from Pull-Rite) that not all short-bed pick-ups are equal. The distance from the rear of the cab to the center of the rear axle is different with the Dodge being the shortest (thus having the least clearance between the front cap and the rear of the cab), Ford being in the middle, and Chevy having the greatest distance (and the most clearance). Have a friend who has a Chevy short-bed, the new cap on his Monty, and no clearance problem.

Bill
Bill,
That is correct. I got that info from the Pullrite rep while in Redmond, OR. during the 2005 Great North American RV Rally.

I have a CB antenna mounted in the bed stake hole in the front left corner of my bed. The coach clears the antenna with ease when in a full jack knife maneuver even with the old style front end cap. This is because of my Superglide. I have also done a U-turn on a 2 lane road w/ a center turn lane without any issues. This will be my last shortbed truck, but as long as I own it there will be a Superglide in the bed.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote