View Single Post
Old 05-29-2012, 06:35 AM   #3
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
I have an '06 3500RL and I removed my fireplace once to check on its wiring. I did find the screw drilled into the bottom of the TV to hold it in place.

To remove the TV you will need to remove the two round "buttons" on each side of the fireplace buttons then use a screwdriver to remove all four screws. Then the molding will come off. I don't recall if there were additional screws to loosen the fireplace but after removing any the fireplace slides forward and then you can get to the TV holding screw. The most difficult part is making sure you have the right bits. I have them all so I wasn't worried but the trailer often interchanges phillips and "Square" bits so have a variety of these sizes handy.

It really isn't that hard, easily doable by one person. If I were physically impaired and depending on the impairment, there might be some difficulty but other than the size of the fireplace, it's not particularly heavy and comes out quite easily. BTW - after sliding out the fireplace slightly there is a long power cord for it that should be plugged in to the wall and easily removable. Don't forget to look for this when "yanking the fireplace" out of its frame. In fact, this is a lot easier than removing the big, heavy, cramped TV, so there's a good comparison what do expect with the fireplace.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote