View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #21
whutfles
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17319
We travel Omaha to Rockport, Tx. Agree with others Capital City KOA in Topeka, Ks are nice people and accomodating. There are 2 routes to the CG. From the I335 Toll Gate to I470 West go West to the light on Burlingame Road. Go South on Burlingame Road 1 mile to the top of the hill (church on right). Take a left onto a gravel road (should be a CG sign at the intersection). Go 1/4 mile East and CG is on the right. Gravel road can be rutty and sloppy when wet. The other route from the same light on Burlingame Road go left or South under I470 overpass and take first left onto Hiway 75 South. Go South about 1 1/2 miles to the first exit which I believe is 57th St Exit. Go left on 57th St and take the next left or North after the Hiway 75 Northbound ramp. Go North past the Home Depot Distribution Facility then past a bakery on the left to a dead end. Turn left go a short distance over I335 then CG is on left. This second route is all paved.

We stayed at the Ponca City, Ok RV Park last year. Nice place & owners. It's about 10 miles or so East of I35 but it's halfway between Omaha & Waco. We were trying to stay 1 day ahead of the bad weather so a 2 day trip got us to Waco.

When we stay at the Topeka KOA, we like our next stop to be at Murray State Park about 10 miles South of Ardmore, Ok. At the Murray State Park Exit on I35 go East 2 or 3 miles to a deadend. Turn left or North and go 2 or 3 miles to Elephant Rock entrance take a right go past guard shack and take first left which will take you down into the RV Park and the Marina. Full hookups, lots of evergreen trees. A camphost will come around the next morning and collect.

The Waco I35 RV Park is good. It has built up fast the last couple of years. Rock sites and roads but busy place with lots of sites. Complementary breakfast in AM. Take the Elm Mott, Tx Exit for this.

One year we were trying to get ahead of bad weather and found ourselves driving a little too late at night. We were on I35W North of Ft Worth and took an Exit at Argyle, Tx. At the end of the off ramp was Paradise Liqour and RV Park. RV Park had cement pads & full hookups. It was a gift to these tired eyes. It was at the intersection of I35W and FM407.

Enjoy your journey.
whutfles is offline   Reply With Quote