View Single Post
Old 02-04-2011, 06:19 AM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sounds like maybe you've solved your problem. There's another problem that crops up from time to time and bit us a couple of times, too.

I'm not sure about the new Montanas but our 2007 had the normal switchable regulator on one side and a small red regulator on the other side. I guess the RVIA or someone required that extra regulator in case the line ruptured, the one going all the way across the rig. To me that's overkill since the tanks now have built-in shutoffs for excess flow.

Anyhow, I had two of those red regulators malfunction and shut off the flow when there was no valid reason to do so. After the second one I went to an Ace Hardware and found the parts to replace the red regulator with an inline coupler. It took a couple of pieces since the "in" connector to the regulator is a different size than the "out" connector. I just took the red regulator with me to match pieces. We've had no problem with this setup in the several years it's been in place.

In really cold weather, like teens and below (we've been to single digits several times and minus 5 a couple of times) if the offside tank is low, like below half full, the reduced pressure in the cold weather causes the red flag on the regulator to show partially. Part red, part green. But the flow has been sufficient to run the furnace without a problem, even when the other tank was empty.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote