View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 01:51 PM   #17
Montana_5621
Established Member

M.O.C. #5621
So we drove to Durango Colorado today. spent about 2hours with Montanas....we are sold, now we just need to make our deal. We fell in love with the 3475RL
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by sreigle

Al, in my honest opinion the Cardinal is also a good choice. It was on our short list. I think you need to figure out which of the two would make you happiest and most comfortable. Mentally and/or physically walk through everything you would do in the rig, and outside it. Storage, Location of everything. Etc.

Construction on both brands is good although my personal opinion is the Montana is a slight bit better in that area. But that's just an opinion and may not be correct. Look at things like attic vents to vent moisture. I know the Montana has them. The Cardinal may, too, but I don't remember.

How does the manufacturer stand behind the Cardinal? I am not sure. They may be excellent but you'll have to research that. It's important when something goes wrong. My experience with Keystone is they are superb in this area.

One thing to think about. Montana is the number one seller in North America for the last five years. There has to be a reason for that. That said, my personal opinion is the Cardinal is also a good choice and you would not be making a mistake by going with a Cardinal.

The above are reasons why we chose a Montana. Plus, there is the Montana Owners Club!! It didn't exist when we bought our Montana but MOC would have been a big positive in Montana's favor if it had been there then. Just looking at how this group rallied to help Jim and Gloria's rig from South Texas to their home in North Carolina(?) says a lot as does all the help members here have provided for many of us.

Good luck. You have the difficult situation of having to choose between two good brands.

I had to edit this to add one last comment. Our first Montana was a new 2001 2880RL. When we wanted to trade for one that could handle a washer and dryer, we looked at several good brands. We bought another Montana. And have never regretted that choice. This one has around 50,000 miles on it and we plan to have it for a long time yet. We have passed the 3 year mark of traveling and living fulltime in this Montana.
Montana_5621 is offline   Reply With Quote