View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #4
Dave W
Montana Master

M.O.C. #14547
First, a 3/4T will do the job as well as a 1 Ton as long as it's properly equipped as is mine. BUT!! There is that 'B' piller sticker on each and every 3/4 T that says 10,000 GVW, That's the truck, hitch, wife, kids, toys, etc, etc. When I say properly equipped, my truck has the camper and the 5er packages and by actual part number is capable of 13,100#. But there is that sticker.

The sticker on that new 5er - is a joke. Our HC 343RL empty weighs almost what the max weight ticker says - empty.

I guess what I'm saying is to spend a few more bucks and buy the 1T. Also buy it ith the max payload.

Short vs long bed trucks - I prefer the long bed as it will give you a bit better ride as well as storage space. It also may not need a slider hitch. The LBs need a lot more space to turn and also may present a problem in some CGs. We have had to go 'elsewhere' a couple times because of that long turning radius.

Try both out at a dealer. Most dealers have plenty of SB trucks but few LBs. Your choice as both will do the job well
2019 F150SC XLT SE Sport,w/full tow package
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote