View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 AM   #9
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Over the years, I have passed out many cards and had many newbies join the MOC. But for every 10 cards I have passed out maybe 1 has joined. Some have stayed around and are very active, while some are just readers and never post but they do PM/Email me to respond to certain threads. Even some of the jokes I now and than post come from a member that I gave a card to in a rest area. I think she may have made one post in the year since she joined. Be that as it may and regardless of the non-joiners (9 out of 10) I still pass out my cards every chance I get. You just never know.
I also used to be amazed at the number of Montana owners that I spoke to that have never heard of the MOC and that hasn't changed to any real degree. I am also amazed at the numbers of RVers that don't even own a 'puter and some that do have no way of getting online while on the road. There are also the numbers that say they would never own a 'puter. That one I really do not understand. In this day and age how can anyone go through life without a 'puter??? Not me, no way Jose. If I didn't have this 'puter and my MOC family I think I would go bananas, OK no snide remarks.

Right now I am grandson sitting and therefore cannot leave the house. We are sitting between the mountains and therefore I do not have a Verizon signal. But my daughter is on a cable modem and putting out a Wifi signal so Lorraine and I can still use our laptops. Also my daughter has a PC and that is what I am using to surf the MOC.

SO keep passing out those cards, you just never know.

Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote