View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:46 PM   #16
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by gjetzen View Post
I set specific criteria as to what kind of hitch I was interested in and while you opinion is valued so should mine. And by the way you are uninformed about accidents and damage on 5th wheels caused by an Anderson hitch.
Next.

You are referring to someone rear ending a box trailer, and the Andersen supposedly failing. They claim is was the Andersen, so in a panic stop, and you lock up the brakes on truck ,and trailer, and hit the person in front of you, then blame it on the hitch. Lots of factors there, the big one they hit the vehicle in from of them, whats going to happen ????

Take the case of B&W hitch failure, those hitches are worshipped, it twisted apart when a fifth wheel rolled, thats great, the truck did not roll. Take that hitch, and a 14K fifth wheel ,and rear end someone ,and see how things turn out. My point there is nothing good going to happen in most accidents with a fifth wheel.

Do a research on Curt hitches, just saying .

And on opinions ,none was given from me. I asked if you considered a Andersen hitch, I gave you no opinions on it, nor asked for any, or any product bashing.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote