View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #49
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
2017 3791RD issues

Hi All,
We bought a new 2017 3791RD last spring. Nothing but problems for a full year. Finally, I think we have solved our issue. We constantly had the fridge, electric hot water tank, ceiling fan, and counter top outlets go out. We would go for weeks without issue, then everything would quit. If we plugged the fridge into another outlet, it would then run just fine. Then without doing a thing, power would return at any time. After replacing the converter, battery, battery cables, and 3 trips into the service shop, they said we had a bad input plug on the back of the coach. They ordered us a new plug and a new shore power cord, and sent it to my house. I can easily swap out the plug, wiring is not an issue for me. To my surprise, when I pulled the plug out of the back wall, the black power wire was not even in the plug socket. It fell out when I pulled the plug out. The white neutral wire was never tightened either. The set screw was fully out tight against the back stop. The Red and Black wires were reversed in a color coded plug too. Both are hot wires, but trouble shooting it was a challenge do to the crossed wires. The only wire that was tight and correct was the ground wire. I guess that is good.
Whoever is responsible for electrical inspections at the assembly plant, needs retrained. This could have been a serious issue if it caught fire inside the wall when we were inside. There was a trace of black arcing on the one hot wire. Long story short. If you have electrical issues, pull the plug out of the back wall, and check the lug screws to see if they are tight.
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote