Thread: New Member
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
emurray
Established Member

M.O.C. #6507

Hello everyone,
My name is Edward Murray and my wife is Lena. We have homes Kingsport, TN and in Pennington Gap, Va. We've been retired from IBM for about 10 years. In July we purchased a 2006 Montana Mountaineer 344RET and a 2006 GMC 2500 with the Duramax Deisel/Allison transmission combination.

We happened to meet Glenn and Lorraine at a Flying J, back in October, when we were on our way to PA. They came up and introduced themselves and told us about the club. When we got back from that trip, we checked it out and decided to join, so here we are.

Since we took delivery of our rig, in July, we have been on 8 trips of varying lengths. So far, it has been a fantastic adventure and promises to only get better as we gain more experience in the fine art of RVing. I have camped in tents for a number of years and owned a couple of RVs in the past. The Montana is a perfect fit for the two of us. It has quickly become a third home for us and is now the one that we prefer to be in. It sure is nice to have a home, with all of your favorite stuff, that you can take with you, wherever and whenever you go.

We are very fortunate that we live in a area that is rich in scenic beauty has lots of places to explore and we are taking full advantage of the opportunity that we have. In fact, we won't be winterizing our rig, because we'll be using it right through the winter. We have plenty of room at our home in VA, so we'll keep it there (plugged in) when ever we're not on the road.

We are planning a trip to the Northwest, in the spring, and plan to be gone for about 3 months or so. In the meantime, we'll continue to take 7 to 10 day trips, every 2-3 weeks. The only problem we anticipate, right now, is deciding where to go next. That's a tough problem to have, ain't it.

We're happy to be members of the MOC. It's nice to be part of such an experienced and knowledgeable group.
emurray is offline   Reply With Quote