View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
DavesDmax
Established Member

M.O.C. #3865
Hello from a Hope to be Montana Owner!

My name is Dave and my wife's name is Gloria and I would like to say Hello to all of the owners out there that make this a wonderful forum.

If you check my sig, you'll see that currently we own a Trail-Lite 8305S TT. We did not have our current TV at the time and that was the biggest, lightest thing we could tow with our V-8 Grand Cherokee. As you can imagine, it was pretty interesting towing a 6100lb trailer with a 4100lb Jeep. We were fortunate enough to be able to order a 2004 2500HD Chevy with the Duramax engine, and our towing issues have disappeared.

Sorry to ramble.

Anyway, we have always liked the Montana line for all of the reasons that you guys already know. We've been looking at them since 2002. We just never expected that we would be able to afford one for a few years and we thought that we would just make the jump to a Class A MH.

But again good fortune is coming to us and it looks like we will be able to become Monty owners later this year.

I'm sorry not to have introduced myself sooner, I just wanted to read all the information I could and felt now is the right time. I tend to study an issue for quite a while before making such a major decision and with all of your help, I'm sure we will make the correct one.

We are currently looking at the 3400RL model, (that's almost sounding like a cliché). But it is a beautiful coach and we were lucky enough to see a 2005 model from the outside. Our local dealer did not have any more Monty's at all. But this was an owner's that looked like it was prepped. It even had the Trail-Air pin box that we want to have installed due to the opinions expressed here on the forum.

We want to get the best deal possible on the unit and will hit up all of the shows that we can make in the NW Ohio, Michigan, Indiana area.

My wife and I both grew up camping and have made the progression from tents to Pop-up, to TT. We appear to be youngsters in this crowd, as we are 45, (me) and 54, (don't say I told you her age)

Any tips on the best time to buy or dealer will of course be appreciated greatly.

The nice thing about the information expressed here on the forum is that it is useful whether one owns a Monty or not. We are already going to try the Calgon trick in our Black tank and see how it works.

Hopefully, I can return the favor in assisting some of you on the information I've learned over the years and as being a TT owner.

For you veteran's out there, I was in the Subfleet from 1978-1988, (Nuc MM) and currently work at a Nuclear Power Station.

Again, thanks for the wonderful site and for the great atmosphere.
DavesDmax is offline   Reply With Quote