View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 08:49 AM   #2
padredw
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2224
Send a message via Skype™ to padredw
I just solved a similar problem yesterday. I have the EU3000i Honda and tried to use it through the Progressive EMS. I got the "ground fault error" immediately and the EMS would not allow power to the trailer.

I found the answer online. The Honda has "floating ground" and the EMS considers this "ground fault error." The answer is to mount a jumper wire between the NEUTRAL and the GROUND prongs in a plug where you can reach the wiring. I used a short piece of small gauge insulated wiring as a jumper in the plug. In my case the wires were GREEN to WHITE. Be very sure to identify properly the NEUTRAL and the GROUND prongs.

This worked immediately and the EMS allowed power to the trailer and my AC ran just fine on generator power.

Another solution, which I did not use, is to buy an ordinary plug (without wiring) and make the same connection within that plug then plug in that modified plug to ANY input on the generator and it will make every output from the generator to be grounded.

I am NOT an electrician, but I viewed several youtube on this subject and had direct suggestions from forum friends. It worked.
padredw is offline   Reply With Quote