View Single Post
Old 04-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Skip, where can I get a pivoting bubble level. Getting the hitch and the pin box lined up has always been a pain in the you know where.
Glenn, mine is similar to what Skip uses. My Dad made me this back in 1996 when we got our first fifthwheel. I've trimmed it a little and moved it from FW to FW. All you really need is an arm, glue or screw on the bubble, drill a hole in the other end and put a thumbscrew through that hole into something threaded to receive it. This one was made wholly of parts from Home Depot or Lowe's, other than the bubble.

I do as Skip does, raise the hitch to where I'm ready to pull the truck out from under, center the bubble and lock it down, pull out the truck, level the rig. When ready to hitch, raise or lower the rig until that bubble is centered, back the truck under. It's at the correct height.

this one's mounted on the basement vertical wall near the dump handles and within sight when working the landing gear switch. Someday I need to do something to pretty this one up.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote