View Single Post
Old 12-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #36
jlb27537
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13157
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by richfaa

Would not matter if I had a 1000 gallon tank in the truck we would still be stopping every 300 miles or so for a restroom stop. We did consider a extra fuel tank but decided it was of no benefit to us.
Rich, we also are "older" and usually I and the DW appreciate a "walk around" every couple of hours. However we have the option of stopping on the road where we have a large shoulder, or a hwy rest stop and fuel is not there. A 300 mile day is all day for us. Leave around 9, stop by 3. Get settled and ready for a beverage by 4.

The price of fuel savings will probably never pay for the cost of the RDS tank and the install. But, when I fill up, leave with 95 gallons of fuel, knowing most of our destination trips are usually 1000 miles or so, (Mo to RGV for winter, Mo to Colorado for summer, or points west) I only need to fuel once and can pick and choose where I fill up.

Before I had to fill every day and was at the mercy of the local truck stop, which we all know are not the least expensive. I hate the big truck stops, most are not RV friendly, charge extra for credit cards. I have swore off of T/A and Loves.

The thought of all that extra weight. 60 gallons of diesel fuel is about 360-400lbs. Like that is going to make a difference.

No, there is no logical reason to install a larger tank, but knowing I have the option to drive for a couple of days and not worry about fuel, works for me.

Jim

2012 Ram Laramie 3500 DRW 4x4 3.73 Tow Max Pkg B&W Companion 60 gal RDS aux fuel tank. 2014 Montana 3150RL, 2 A/C's, Leather, 6 Point Jacks, Splendede WD2100XC, Mor/ryde X-Factor, Duravis 250 tires with TST 507RV monitors. 2 x Honda EU2000's
jlb27537 is offline   Reply With Quote