View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #10
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Thank you all for your replies. I guess I should have expanded on my reason for asking. Ed does usually do this but when his back is out (happening more often lately) I have to do "his" things. I have been having hip problems, this is a family thing. My Mother and all of her brothers and sisters have had hip replacements. Grandmother was in a wheel chair most of her life. I thought I was doing great when I reached 70 without a replacements (older than all of them). Therefore, I try to avoid going up and down steps as much as I can. That is why I wanted to be able to keep the door open without going outside. The problem exists more when it is windy (like now). I thought about the basement door latches but I'm sure they would not hold the heavy door in the wind. I can just barely reach the top of the door on the very part closest to me when it is open so a latch at the top is not going to help. Also sometimes I'm in my jammies when the door needs to be closed so a method to shut it without going outside would be wonderful.
Thank you all again for responding.
Doug, the fuel prices are keeping us grounded for now. And we just haven't been near a rally for a while. We haven't given up entirely.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote