Thread: Alignment
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 08:43 AM   #8
Randy E
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21626
Alignment

We just took our 2017, 3791RD to a local semi trailer repair shop. They laser align the axles to within a few thousands of an inch. On my trailer the axles were tracking 7/8" to the right side. The rear axle was the bad one, and I've never hit a curb. The dealer called and asked what we wanted to do. The only way to fix it was to remove the axle, and put it in a press and dial it back in. It was too crooked from the factory, to try to bend it into shape while under the trailer. I ask how much it would cost, and how long would it take. The cost was $480 for both axles, 1 being removed and fixed., the other being checked and adjusted slightly. It would take 5 hours to do the repair. They called me in 4 hours and it was done. I'd highly recommend them. It was Commercial Truck and Trailer, Girard Ohio. That's in eastern Ohio, right along I-80. in the Youngstown area. They are a long time family business that has that old school mechanic vibe that can fix anything. They have over 10 bays to work on trailers. That's all they do, Fix wrecked trailers.
2016 Chevy DD 4x4
Randy E is offline   Reply With Quote