View Single Post
Old 06-04-2017, 04:24 PM   #8
topjustice
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19835
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
I recently got the X2 carry out because it only requires one cord (co-ax). The drawback from what I can figure is length of coax. It works fine on a 25 ft coax, but not on the 50 ft. The recommend max length is 50. However, I figured out that from the convenience area back to the tv wall plug is probably another 25-30 feet. So in a couple of days, I am drilling a hole thru the wall to install an external plug right behind the TV and I am pretty sure that will work. Someone mentioned they had a tailgater, I think and ran 75 or 100 foot cable, but I think those require a 'power inserter'. He said he just limits it to 25 feet from inserter to satellite.
Yes, you only need to run one cable but it gives you the capability of two if you have two receivers. Also, most units do not have both western and eastern capabilities like the X2. I'm surprised you couldn't get it to work at 50 ft. I actually ran mine originally at 100 ft. I ran it the full length of the 39 ft. coach, then up a tree and over to another tree, then down to my picnic area. I did get it working at that distance although the specs say you can't, but admittedly it took longer to find the signal. I'm positive that 50 ft. will work unless you have obstructions. I now use it with only a 25 ft. cable and it finds the signal in no time.
topjustice is offline   Reply With Quote