View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 03:01 PM   #20
Ml barber
Established Member

M.O.C. #24308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree guy bob View Post
Hi All,
Hiedi and I thank you for the welcoming comments.
We are having a bumpy start with our purchase. A few weeks ago we agreed to purchase a 2020 3810ms Montana. Awesome! Dealer here in Santee, just outside San Diego proper. I downloaded the PDI sheet here and went through the trailer! Found a lot of sloppy puddy job throughout lots of little seems and mounding coming off. All of the usual things i read on this forum. Here’s wher iit gets interesting. While testing the slide where the recliners are while they brought slider in a bolt head or something gouged our floor. After they agreed to fix all of our punch list and now the floor we were pressured sorta into sign paperwork. That’s when everything changed. Pace slowed and we found out that our flooring would take at least a couple weeks. Meanwhile we are paying for something we don’t have?? Does this sound right?? We were told they couldn’t do a warranty on the floor without signing paperwork? My question is why is it a warranty when it’s brand new and he told us it’s really not yours until we drive it through the gate. Has anyone had experiences like this? I’m open to feedback.
Bob and Hiedi
Bought a new 2018 301 from lazydays and after talking to dozens more purchasers of camping rigs in the last 10 years they all agree to never again pay for and take ownership of an rv until every thing is 100 percent complete. Once they are working on your dime. You get put on back burner while they work on other new rigs until they get there money. I eventually after 6 months got my rig completed. But while they sat on it my warranty was 6 months older only leaving me 6 months left on it. Neither lazy days or Montana would extend it .if I didn't close on it work would have been done in 1 month and I'd have a full 1 year warranty. But I love my rig. And fixed things out of warranty myself.
Ml barber is offline   Reply With Quote