View Single Post
Old 05-30-2015, 02:10 AM   #12
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
Thanks for reaching out. The back surgery was a total success, no more problems there. The foot drop remains total from the top of the right ankle down. Cannot move the foot laterally or vertically. I call it a ten pound boat anchor but pray each day that it will come back to life. With the foot brace I have, I am foot mobile with a cane to retain balance. Sold the truck back to the dealer because I could not operate it with the dead foot and didn't want to get hand controls. We have since placed the rig on an annual leased site a quarter mile from the inter-coastal waterway near Topsail Island, NC. I feel blessed that it is only my foot and I get around fairly well. Lastly, the wife was diagnosed with endometrial cancer, stage 3A, last September and she goes in for her last chemo this coming Tuesday. It has been a year of challenges, but we all face them. Hope you get back on the road soon. We are at the rig now and it is great here. Did get a golf cart a few weeks ago which also increased mobility and socialization here. As we get older, we all face these speed bumps of life, take care and safe travels.
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote