View Single Post
Old 04-06-2015, 05:47 PM   #1
Rogerwilson
Established Member

M.O.C. #17142
Inverter for Residential Fridge

Lesson learned. DO NOT BELIEVE A THING THEY TELL YOU DURING THE WALK THROUGH UNLESS YPU PERSONALLY SEE IT! We were told they installed two batteries for our fridge. LIED! After being in our rig for a month, we could not wait at CW in Florida to work out the bugs because of a family member in California coming down with cancer.

Now we're in CA. Wife was wondering why our fridge was not staying cold while we were in transit. I finally looked in the forward compartment, took the battery cover off and YEP, one battery. Took my spare battery and hooked it up. We have not dey camped at night.

Question: there is a battery shut off switch on the front compartment wall. It has been in the off position the whole time. I turned the power off to our trailer, turned the switch to on and the inverter immediately turned on. Light was amber. I turned the power back on and turned the switch back to off. WHAT DO I DO WITH THIS SWITCH? They never explained the switch or the inverter to us other than there was one in our trailer for the fridge.
Any assistance with the process of working with this inverter and the battery switch would be helpful. Do we only turn the switch on while driving? Is the battery being charged by my truck and when hooked up to electrical?
We are very frustrated new Montana owners.
Rogerwilson is offline   Reply With Quote