View Single Post
Old 06-21-2014, 03:52 AM   #1
Lack of HP
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13008
Well what a week

We were returning from a race in St.Louis Monday and stopped at a Loves travel stop for fuel. As usual busy and packed. Managed to get into a auto fuel lane for fuel. Now here is where the fun starts. Wife is inside and I decide to move out of the way. Pull forward dodging all that are flying in and out. There were two pickups with motorcycle trailers that had pulled in next to me on the other side. On my blind side on the end of the windshield wash station was a pipe standing up about 24"and 3' out from it. Watching all that was around and making sure I did not his the MC trailers who were in my lane as well I had to really crank it once I cleared them. Soooo! the back of the unit as it swung around, which I knew I had cleared the wash tank caught the pipe by about 2" from the rear cap. It took out the rear cap inner wall and part of the side. It popped one side of the rear windows out. With large straps I managed to get it together with the help of duct tape and get to CW in Springfield . A lot of damage including roof. They did me right, along with insurance, new one will be here Tuesday to pickup. Took a hit but all in all they did me right. Would recommend them to anyone. 4th unit I have purchased from them with no issues. Was really sick over this incident. Had not had one problem with this Monty. Hope this one is as good. Next time I will set there until traffic clears. As another RV owner stated what the heck did they put that pipe there for. you could see others had hit it also. Well anyway so much for my week. Sure hope my new Monty is as good as the one I messed up. DW just now talking to me (ha ha )I think they are sending this one back to factory for repair. Bid was $20,000. plus. Just didn't want it after all that. They said about 2 months minimum for repairs also. Joe
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote