Thread: Hello to all.
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2003, 05:34 PM   #1
snowbunny
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #409
Hello to all.

Well I think we've done it! My wife Diane and I have found a Montana 3350RS that suits both our needs. We are scheduled for a final walk through next Saturday and it will be delivered the following Friday because we don't have a tow vehicle yet. We are both close to retirement and want to realize a dream we have had since we took a magical three week trip 25 years ago in a clapped out Winnebago from Vermont to Laredo Texas and back.
We hope to use our Montana for 4 to 6 weeks a year starting next spring (although we'll probably sleep in it, along with our three cats long before that to get acclimatized ....)

In a couple of years we hope to leave Vermont before the snow flies and return when it's all over the following spring.

It's good to know that there is a forum of people with like interests and a wealth of knowledge on the subject. We'll be picking your brains on a lot of things over the next while starting with help deciding what to get for a tow vehicle. Right now we are hoping for a few year old GM 2500HD extended cab and short box with a good size engine but are open to suggestions. How do Dodge and Ford compare?

Our dealer has recommended a Reese 16k hitch and a Prodigy brake controller should we buy a tow vehicle that doesn't come with one.

Jim & Diane
Montana 3350RS (soon)
snowbunny is offline   Reply With Quote